Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remote tilt for Walkera G2d Gimbal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Remote tilt for Walkera G2d Gimbal Empty Remote tilt for Walkera G2d Gimbal Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:16 am

rlisch

Did it again today. Played around with the remote gimbal tilt as I read in the UK forum to bring tilt and roll in the flight controller software to cero.
Connected 12V and signal to the XK (something I was never doing again..so I thought) switched to 1 position on the gimbal controller and powered up. Gimbal went to the down end position but I could bring it in level position with the control wheel. Plugged power off and on a few a few times but same behavier.
Took the quad outside, calibrated and flew it through the paces close by. When I had it in PAN mode for a few turns already I saw the gimbal starting to shake for a few seconds and after this the quad for the first time after over 100 flights started to wander off still circling. Got out of PAN mode and hand steered the XK back but as soon as I let the sticks go it was flying off at medium speed to 10 o'clock.
Landed, powered off, took 12V cable off and connected the gimbal directly to the battery balance cable but leaving the signal cable in place and went back to fly it again without recalibrating. Went through all the paces tilting the gimbal up and down a number of times no problem what so ever. Landed and plugged and unplugged a few times and gimbal came always up to center position. For reference, one full turn of the wheel is about 80 degrees of tilt and after a number of up and down movements the marks on the wheel where more or less always back at the same position.
It seems that this configuration with the Walkera G2d and the XK could be working in a safe manner. I definitely would connect the signal wire only if I would intend to use this function which is usually not with every flight, why take the risk. I have tenth of hours with the gimbal directly connected to the battery without expiriencing a single problem but no signal wire. Just in case make sure to shield the 12V cable.

2Remote tilt for Walkera G2d Gimbal Empty Balance Cable connector Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:06 pm

vantastic

Do you have any photo's of the balance cable connector that you use?  Is it a JST male to JST-XH 3S

Thanks

Phil

3Remote tilt for Walkera G2d Gimbal Empty Re: Remote tilt for Walkera G2d Gimbal Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:58 pm

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

You've used the g2d for a while... Someone was saying you can't use basecam software on it. Have you tried any of the basecam software on yours?
Just wanted to know if they use a basecam board on their gimbals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum