Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tipping over at take off, Help

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tipping over at take off, Help Empty Tipping over at take off, Help Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:38 pm

sandfantom

Got my X380 a couple of weeks ago and was able to get a few flights in before a crash into a tree about 3 feet off of the ground. Not a hard crash, just panicked  and went the wrong way. I am new to all of this and am just learning to fly these things.
Clipped the end off of one of the stock props so ordered some for a DJI Phantom and they went on just great.
Problem is when I try to take off the quad just wants to tip over. Seems like 2 of the rotors on one side of the quad are not turning as fast as the others. It won't even try to take off level. I have tried all of the calibrations that I can find to do and nothing seems to work.  The quad flew perfect the first 3 flights.
I cannot believe that this thing is so delicate that a minor crash puts it out of commission.
Also when I plug in the battery and the quad goes through its initial start up I more than often just get a red light.  I have to shut off the transmitter and turn it back on to get a flashing green light. What is up with that and is anyone else having this problem?
I have searched the interwebs to find a solution to these problems and so far have not come up with anything. Hope somone here can help me.
Thanks

2Tipping over at take off, Help Empty Re: Tipping over at take off, Help Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:22 pm

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

Did you calibrate the gyro after the crash?
The gyro calibration is missing from the user manual and it is the thing that tells the quad its is level
The gyro calibration is 12 flicks on/off of the Go Home/RTH switch
You should see the LED fast flash green for 5 seconds or so.
Do this on level ground.
The gyro's often need this doing after taking a knock.

Try this^^^1st. And dont use auto-takeoff when you test it after, I have found auto-takeoff to be a bit to tentative in the way it applies power at take off and not very fast to respond if something isn't right....
Like when one of the legs on mine was stuck under thick grass and auto just carried on lifting one side like nothing was wrong. Lucky for me the leg freed itself, but it was a 60degree angle by the time it did  What a Face  

A few things can cause this solid red at start up.
Plugging in the 380's battery before witching on the TX will give you this solid red. Unplugging and then reconnecting after switching on the TX will correct this.
Also having Headlock or RTH in the on position then plugging in the 380's battery also causes it to not start up properly, in this instance you may get a double flash red and beeping...This just continues repeating as it trys to start up and stops and trys again and so on.

Last edited by M_Levitation on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

3Tipping over at take off, Help Empty Re: Tipping over at take off, Help Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:57 pm

sandfantom

M_Levitation wrote:Did you calibrate the gyro after the crash?
The gyro calibration is missing from the user manual and it is the thing that tells the quad its is level
The gyro calibration is 12 flicks on/off of the Go Home/RTH switch
You should see the LED fast flash green for 5 seconds or so.
Do this on level ground.
The gyro's often need this doing after taking a knock.

Try this^^^1st.

A few things can cause this solid red at start up.
Plugging in the 380's battery before witching on the TX will give you this solid red. Unplugging and then reconnecting after switching on the TX will correct this.
Also having Headlock or RTH in the on position then plugging in the 380's battery also causes it to not start up properly, in this instance you may get a double flash red and beeping...This just continues repeating as it trys to start up and stops and trys again and so on.

I tried the Gyro calibration but don't remember the flashing green for 5 seconds, will try that again.

I always switch on the TX before plugging in the battery and sometimes I get the flashing green but most times I get a solid red light. If I switch off the TX and then back on I then immediately get a flashing green. It is like it isn't bonded to the TX  correctly. IDK.
It is cold here now and windy most days so I don't get to fly much so I will try some more after the weather clears up.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

4Tipping over at take off, Help Empty Re: Tipping over at take off, Help Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:09 am

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

Yes its switch on the right TX and you will notice for sure if it has completed as the flashing green is fast and stays fast for 4-5 seconds. You cant miss it.

5Tipping over at take off, Help Empty Re: Tipping over at take off, Help Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:11 am

sandfantom

M_Levitation wrote:Yes its switch on the right TX and you will notice for sure if it has completed as the flashing green is fast and stays fast for 4-5 seconds. You cant miss it.
I have tried to calibrate the gyro and it doesn't seem to work. When I start the 12 RTH switches the led is solid red, when I am done the green just flashes as normal. Any suggestions?

6Tipping over at take off, Help Empty Re: Tipping over at take off, Help Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:47 am

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

sandfantom wrote:
M_Levitation wrote:Yes its switch on the right TX and you will notice for sure if it has completed as the flashing green is fast and stays fast for 4-5 seconds. You cant miss it.
I have tried to calibrate the gyro and it doesn't seem to work. When I start the 12 RTH switches the led is solid red, when I am done the green just flashes as normal. Any suggestions?

Ok I have just repeated this on mine and I can see what is happening....

When you do the flicks on/off dont stop when the light changes first off, If you carry on flicking without stopping you will find after about 12-14 flicks total it will flash repeatedly fast Green. Now should be done.
When I just did mine I stopped at the 1st sign of a change from the LED and same as you it was solid red. doing it again and ignoring that 1st change in LED will take you through to the fast green your are looking for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]