Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

quick daft question time ??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1quick daft question time ?? Empty quick daft question time ?? Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:40 pm

kirkbyman

Anyway,
finally manned up and got it out of the box,X380C with FAP and gimbal and camera,pre wired Very Happy so my question is,I take it this stock camera doesn't take a memory card as cant see a slot ? and Does it recharge while plugged into the usb on the laptop ? cant get the camera out of the mount yet as there's no allen key supplied small enough to undo the clamps,so I cant get to change settings (the required buttons are against the mount rear) I'm puzzled why the laptops not picking up the camera in the devices section.... bit vague I know,sorry, Lipo's on charge at this min.

2quick daft question time ?? Empty Re: quick daft question time ?? Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:25 am

wazza99

quick daft question time ?? Img_2012

3quick daft question time ?? Empty Re: quick daft question time ?? Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:12 am

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

Yeh wazza has shown the micro sd card slot for your memory card, should be able to use up to 32GB card.
Yes you can charge from the compter usb to the camera usb or use a separate charger that delivers less than 1A
Most cameras have software(not included) that can be used to adjust settings also. Have a look on the sjcam home site to see what they offer for the 4000. you should at least find complete manual for the camera there. http://www.sjcam.com/en/

4quick daft question time ?? Empty Thank you Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:51 pm

kirkbyman

Thanks for your comments,picture was a big help ;-)
I found the small key,it had stuck into the polystyrene and as I'd pulled out the bag it slid through, got the camera out,settings are a nightmare when your a techno novice like me,I know it's recording 1080hd so will leave it at that for now,problem with it mounted before was too much pressure on the clamp,I just didn't put it under so much pressure,they had it bulging the camera and squeezing the buttons on the side,will post my first terrifying 13 mins of flight when it's done in movie maker,no damage so happy man,may relax a bit next time haha

5quick daft question time ?? Empty Re: quick daft question time ?? Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:16 pm

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

Good you got sorted and flying
Setting up a can that has no screen is a pain.
Don't know what is on the sjcam site for the 4000. Don't know if that has WiFi(think not) so an android or apple app is unlikley. But there might be something for PC

6quick daft question time ?? Empty Re: quick daft question time ?? Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:30 am

wazza99

The stock cam that comes with the C model is an SJ4000 clone, as mentioned, download the sj4000 pdf instructions and read them they will tell you all you need.

7quick daft question time ?? Empty thanks Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:34 pm

kirkbyman

wazza99 wrote:The stock cam that comes with the C model is an SJ4000 clone, as mentioned, download the sj4000 pdf instructions and read them they will tell you all you need.

Went on the site and had a read,but it's just the basic stuff like taking stills etc,what i need is a step by step through the settings menu,it's all in chinese so cant find how to change the language,then the rest will make sense might try the takeaway tonight,he might know pmsl.
pretty pleased with the film from the 1st flight yesterday,but maybe it can be improved on once I can see :-)

8quick daft question time ?? Empty Re: quick daft question time ?? Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:35 pm

wazza99

Oh ok ill look on mine and see where the language setting is, mine was in English from new odd yours is Chinese.

9quick daft question time ?? Empty Re: quick daft question time ?? Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:45 pm

wazza99

If you enter the menu, the language option is 19 press's down ! English being the top one after that. The symbol for "language, which i assume never changes is a large "A" or one above the CLOCK.

10quick daft question time ?? Empty Re: quick daft question time ?? Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:16 am

Don

Admin

wazza99 wrote:The stock cam that comes with the C model is an SJ4000 clone, as mentioned, download the sj4000 pdf instructions and read them they will tell you all you need.

Dont try to update firmware from the sjcam sj4000 it has been known to brick clones

https://xk380.forumotion.co.uk

11quick daft question time ?? Empty Re: quick daft question time ?? Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:12 pm

kirkbyman

thanks for that Wazza,i'll try that and post back, and Don,I wont be updating owt mate,if something wants turning into skipwaste I'm yer man haha I'm pretty happy with the 1st flight film considering I dont know what it's set on.

12quick daft question time ?? Empty cheers again. Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:29 pm

kirkbyman

wazza99 wrote:If you enter the menu, the language option is 19 press's down ! English being the top one after that. The symbol for "language, which i assume never changes is a large "A" or one above the CLOCK.

thanks for the details,got the camera in engrish now :-) but at least i can see what I'm pressing.Ian

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum