Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Empty Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:24 pm

drewpy46

My only mod to the XK X380 is, adding the light weight Walkera G-2D gimble, and this has made a massive difference to the quality of videos over the stock plastic Gopro holder that came with the craft.
The stability is brilliant.

Only had to connect 3 wires to make it work.
12v +
12v -
Signal

The only con, is that the camera faces down on initialisation and the control channel 8 is reversed.
You then have to rotate the control knob to bring it back level.
If you remove the signal wire the gimbal starts up level.

2Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Empty Re: Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:29 am

drewpy46

Just an update on this setup, I have now removed the signal wire.
Stops the camera face the floor (bad on a sandy beach or pebbles), but you do lose the ability to change the angle.
It just stays level - not bad when using a GoPro2.

Thanks.

3Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Empty Re: Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:39 pm

currahee2008

I experienced the same problem with initial tilt position all way down, and I was able to solve it by setting the switch position to "1" on the gimbal controller, then in ground station software I set the two gimbal parameters to "0".
It worked for me, hope it helps..

4Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Empty Re: Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:15 pm

drewpy46

currahee2008 wrote:I experienced the same problem with initial tilt position all way down, and I was able to solve it by setting the switch position to "1" on the gimbal controller, then in ground station software I set the two gimbal parameters to "0".
It worked for me, hope it helps..
I had tried the "1" setting on the gimbal but not in the control software.
Could you supply a screen of the fields you changed?
Thanks for the info.

5Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Empty Re: Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:38 pm

gmm57

can someone please provide a link to the Walkera g2d gimbal software
Thanks

6Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Empty Re: Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 pm

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

I believe this gimbal uses same controller board as most of the other 2 Axis gimbals.
They are designed by Basecam Electronics.
I would guess that they use the simple BGC_GUI_2.2b2 software.
To be sure download the 2.2b2 GUI here Basecam 8bit Board firmware+GUI
Then connect the gimbal using USB to the computer...Run the software and select the COMM you are using and CONNECT. it should report back just below the Board version and the Firmware version.
If it reports a different Board or Firmware then find the correct one from the list and use that.
When you have it matching you can READ the settings from the gimbal, adjust, then WRITE back.

I have been getting into the settings that you can adjust with the software and will do a guide that shows how to fix a few issues that others have been having and throw some light on what all those settings do.

7Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Empty Re: Added Walkera G-2D Gimbal Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:45 pm

KW New England

I've been eyeing the G-2D, but this 3D version popped up on Amazon for just a bit more. Any reason I shouldn't go with it instead of the 2D?

Walkera G-2D RTF 3 Axis Brushless Camera Gimbal w/ Controller for iLook/ Gopro Hero 3/ 3+/ 4 FPV Aerial Photography (Plastic Version, White)
$74.69

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6QFW7Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=A76XGCGLSAV3&coliid=I16BSQXF94XZJR

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum