Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

original gimble/camera questions

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1original gimble/camera questions  Empty original gimble/camera questions Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:43 am

wazza99

Folks sorry to ask so much but i'm new to this game !

I have the C version, may be an obvious answer/question but why does the camera/gimble have 3m electric tape stuck on it ? theres a square of it that seems to be on top of a sort of metal pad that has wires that connect to the quad body ? what is that metal pad for ? its not for the gimble motors....and on that note how does the photo button work ? how on earth can the transmitter send a signal to the camera to take a photo ? is it via that pad or something ? but how ?

2original gimble/camera questions  Empty Re: original gimble/camera questions Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:26 pm

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

Not sure about this metal pad....do you have a pic?
But the photo button is not a button its a wheel that can only be used to adjust the cam angle from the TX. You need to either start recording before you take off, or for stills use one of the cam modes...if it has time lapse or continuous shot etc.

3original gimble/camera questions  Empty Re: original gimble/camera questions Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:54 am

wazza99

original gimble/camera questions  Img_2013

This is the pad is question, what does it do ? angle sensor ? accelerometer ? i took the 4 screws out it doesnt open :-)

Last edited by wazza99 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

4original gimble/camera questions  Empty Re: original gimble/camera questions Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:56 am

wazza99

original gimble/camera questions  Img_2016

3m tape ?? covers front of the black pad..

Last edited by wazza99 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

5original gimble/camera questions  Empty Re: original gimble/camera questions Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:58 am

wazza99

original gimble/camera questions  Img_2017

This is where it connects to on body right side, other two on left are gimble motor cpnnections

6original gimble/camera questions  Empty Re: original gimble/camera questions Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:01 am

wazza99

original gimble/camera questions  Img_2018

Camera also has a strip of 3m tape ? merely to stop it rattling ??

7original gimble/camera questions  Empty Re: original gimble/camera questions Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:59 pm

M_Levitation

M_Levitation

I would guess that the metal pad is a 'protection' cover for the small gyro board that should be on the axis where the camera sits, and the wires are the wires from that board, which should connect to the gimbal, where the main board sits. It would connect the sensor to the main board where those wires with the white 3-4 pin connectors are going in on the body.
Thats my best guess.
The tape looks like its just to stop any rattle that you may get once the camera is in the frame.
The rest looks ok too me, you have it connected correctly.

8original gimble/camera questions  Empty Re: original gimble/camera questions Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:16 pm

oscar11

The tape is to secure the camera. Camera mounted gimbal not level. I thouht about moving camera to adjust the balance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum